Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Service Location Manager, or Shop Foreman.
- Assist Service Manager in answering customer questions as needed.
- Performs complex diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and associated Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Performs diagnosis and repair in the field as required.
- Mentors Service Technicians levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Conducts or supports customer clinics.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains an 85% Productivity Rate and 100% Efficiency Rate; or a combine total or 85% (Productivity x Efficiency).
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties.
Experience, Education, Skills, & Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Must be certified in Electrical, Hydraulic, and Service ADVISOR.
- Must be Horizon Equipment certified on AMS products.
- Ability to perform complex repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedure on machines of the Technician's specialty.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to repair/diagnose equipment across multiple product lines (i.e. tractors, combines, sprayers, planters, etc.).
- Ability to use Service ADVISOR and basic computer functions.
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds repeatedly.
- Master Service Technician certification required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associate's Degree preferred.
- Valid Driver's License required; CDL and forklift license preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.