Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full Time
Reports to: Sales Manager
Responsible for the sale of new and used agricultural and turf equipment. Candidate will be responsible for prospecting and developing key account growth via total account sales. This will include sales, customer support, technical support, planning, and customer business operation optimization.
- Represents Horizon Equipment for the sale of equipment, parts, labor, and technology-based products and services within prospective accounts.
- Manages sales call schedule and reporting to prospect and identify sales opportunities.
- Develops, presents, and closes the sale of equipment to current and prospective buyers.
- Manages customer relationships to provide a differentiated customer experience.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates, and communicates customer account needs in an ongoing basis.
- Provides value to customer accounts by developing solutions that save time, reduce risk, and increase profits.
- Influences customer account trade cycles and current or future needs.
- Engages with Horizon Equipment personnel (Parts, Service, Integrated Solutions, etc.) when completing a sale, answering customer account questions, and ensuring customer needs are met.
- Maintains current product knowledge of all equipment, parts, and services available.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing and risk management options to assist customer accounts with securing the purchase of a solution.
- Monitors and communicates any competitive activity to management in a timely manner.
- Updates and retains relevant customer account information, such as equipment and operational information, in the customer relationship management system.
- Develops a daily call report utilizing the customer relationship management system.
- Meets sales volume and established sales objectives on customer accounts.
- Coordinates new equipment field demonstrations and assists with the preparation and execution of other customer events.
- Attends applicable sales training events, seminars, and meetings.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle and equipment.
Experience, Education, Skills, & Knowledge:
- Proven sales growth accomplishments.
- Knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment, as well as technology trends and advancements.
- Business, financial, and logistical management knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant agronomic practices and trends.
- Ability to use software applications, such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or Agriculture-related discipline preferred.
- Acceptable MVR driving record, capable of being insured by Horizon Equipment's insurance carrier.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.