Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Intern Program
Department: Integrated Solutions
Reports to: Integrated Solutions Manager
Provide consulting services, expertise, and training for the sale and support of solutions enabled by the John Deere Integrated Solutions products, Horizon HPS strategy, and other aligned technology applications. Ensures ongoing AMS mainstreaming and works with all dealership departments to sell and support precision farming products and services. Educates and supports the dealership's agronomic knowledge base.
- Coordinates the execution of Horizon's HPS strategy and JDLink strategy (machine optimization, logistics optimization, and ag data management support).
- Develops and executes a plan to ensure ongoing AMS mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership.
- Assists in the leading the organization in the area of John Deere precision farming products.
- Ensures understanding of John Deere precision farming solutions and precision farming products in sales, service, parts, and all other departments.
- Serves as an internal and external technical specialist for all precision farming products.
- Implements the adoption of new technology and product offerings.
- Provides recommendations on ordering option codes.
- Provides solution-based business consulting services to customers (i.e. advising customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operating efficiently, etc.).
- May also support the dealership efforts with third-party providers (Certified Crop Advisor, Ag Service Provider, etc.) and related John Deere businesses.
- Provides ongoing education to dealership employees on crop production systems, cropping practices, and emerging agronomic trends that exist in Horizon's AOR.
- Leverage agronomic expertise to consult with customers and their other trusted advisors (3rd party) to support individual production needs.
- Develop and execute equipment and technology-based field trials to demonstrate Horizon's dealership and John Deere's solution values.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 1+ year(s) experience in an agriculture-related role.
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of electrical and wireless communication systems.
- Ability to operate with a solutions-based approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations and customers.
- Acceptable MVR/driving record capable of being insured by Horizon's insurance carrier.
Sample Intern Onboarding & Project Layout:
- Training & Education
- John Deere University Classes
- JDLink Functions
- MyJohnDeere Operations Center
- Precision Ag Basics
- Weekly Intern Reporting
- Weekly reports are expected to be delivered each Friday, with details of items completed, items liked/disliked, and items learned.
- HPS (Horizon Precision Services)
- Field Scouting
- Application Data Collecting
- Field Research Plots
- Troubleshooting Precision Ag Equipment
- Customer Conversations
- AMS Technology
- In-Field Diagnostics
- Installation & Customer Training
- Horizon Equipment Branded Videos
- Aid in preparation and production of Horizon-oriented videos.
- Past examples have included parts promotions, research plot teasers, customer testimonials, and event advertisements.
- Summer Events
- Customer Training
- Internal Training
- Community 'Day of Play'
- Sales Ride-a-Longs
- Each week, you will have the opportunity to ride along with a salesperson for the day to learn their sales techniques and the different aspects of selling equipment.
- Sales Tasks
- Cold Calling Prospects
- Targeted Selling to Customers
- Final Intern Project
- At the end of your internship, you will present a final project to Horizon's leadership team.
- How did we do?
- What did you learn from your experience(s)?
- Share your projects and experiences.
- What would you change with this internship?
- How did this experience impact your career plan?
- Special Project
- You will have the opportunity to create and execute your own Special Project. This project can be based on any department to fulfill a current need, or can be you creating something entirely new to the company.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.