Location: Avoca, IA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Operates vehicles to transport equipment for the dealership. May instruct customers on basic equipment operating procedures.
- Transports equipment and/or parts to and from customers and/or between dealer facilities. May also pick up new equipment from John Deere factories.
- Supports the sales department with equipment delivery as needed.
- Delivers parts to technicians in the field or other Horizon Equipment locations.
- Maintains records of pickup and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts.
- Maintains all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA, and company policies.
- Accounts for all time and all distance traveled in performing assigned duties.
- May need to maintain assigned trucks and related equipment in good condition.
- May instruct customers on basic equipment operating procedures as required.
- Maintenance of the facility and vehicles.
- Maintain tool room and/or run wash bay to clean equipment.
- Perform grounds maintenance for the dealer properties.
- Assist in moving displays or equipment within the dealership.
- Operate a forklift to transport parts, equipment, and supplies for the dealership.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 1+ year(s) experience as semi-truck and trailer operator.
- Class A CDL license and acceptable driving record approved by company insurance.
- Heavy equipment and over-load experience preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy items weighting upwards of 75 pounds repeatedly.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Negative pre-employment DOT alcohol test and drug screen.
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours, weekends, or overnight stays.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.