Location: Avoca, IA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Aftermarket Manager
Supervises: Location Parts Personnel
Manages parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Optimizes parts department processes. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations.
- Maintains and promotes growth of customer base with proactive customer contacts.
- Creates annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization's financial and operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of department goals.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals.
- Ensures all department tools, equipment, and vehicles are clean and in good working order.
- Manages recruiting, staffing, and employee developmental activities for parts employees (including disciplinary actions, accountability, performance evaluations, etc.).
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 1+ year experience in Parts Department operations.
- Experience in leading and mentoring others.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications (Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, etc.).
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals or groups.
- Basic understanding of financial principals relative to Parts Department operations.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.