Location: Avoca, IA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Service Manager
Assists in coordinating and directing the workload of the Service Department for maximum efficiency and productivity (85% minimum) while providing quality repair work. Advises and provides recommendations to the Service Manager regarding technician skills and training needs. In addition, individual will be responsible for producing $100,000 in labor sales.
- Assists Service Manager with technical calls with customers over the phone or in the shop.
- Assists with the assignment of jobs and work areas to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Assists in the appraisal of repair orders coming into the Service Department and may participate in repairs. May review repair orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Directs and assists in the diagnosis of machine problems by technicians and apprentices.
- Inspects and repairs all special tools. Recommends new tooling as required.
- Trains apprentice technicians.
- Assists the Service Manager with coordinating and conducting quarterly safety meetings.
- Works with all the technicians to achieve minimum 85% productivity & efficiency.
- Fills the Service Manager role in his/her absence.
- Arranges for and participates in reconditioning of used equipment and setup of new equipment.
- Approves the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Assists in providing performance feedback for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience as a Service Technician.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours.
- Ability to lead others.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Forklift license preferred.
- Valid driver's license, accepted on Horizon Equipment's insurance.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.