Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Department: Integrated Solutions
Reports to: Integrated Solutions Manager
Provide consulting services, expertise, and training for the sale and support of solutions enabled by the John Deere Integrated Solutions products, Horizon hps/E4 Crop Intelligence strategy and other aligned technology and applications.
Ensures ongoing AMS mainstreaming and works with all dealership departments to sell and support precision farming products and services. Educates and supports the dealerships Agronomic knowledge base.
- Coordinates the execution of Horizon’s hps/E4 Crop Intelligence strategy and JDLink strategy (Machine Optimization, Logistics Optimization, and Ag Data management Support)
- Develops and executes the plan to ensure ongoing AMS mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership
- Assists in leading the organization in the area of John Deere precision farming products
- Ensures understanding of John Deere precision farming solutions and precision farming products in sales, service, parts, and all other departments
- Serves as an internal and external technical specialist for all precision farming products
- Implements the adoption of new technology and product offerings
- Develops and delivers employee and customer training for solutions and advanced the hps/E4 Crop Intelligence precision farming products
- Provides recommendations on ordering option codes
- Provides solutions-based business consulting services to customers (i.e. advising customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operation efficiencies, etc.)
- May also support the dealership efforts with third-party providers (Certified Crop Advisor, Ag Service Provider, etc.) and related John Deere businesses
- Provides ongoing education to dealership employees on crop production systems, cropping practices and emerging agronomic trends that exist in Horizon’s AOR
- Leverage agronomic expertise to consult with Customers and their other trusted Advisors (3rd party) to support individual production needs.
- Develop and execute equipment and technology based field trials to demonstrate Horizon’s dealership and John Deere’s solutions value.
Experience, Education, Skills & Knowledge
- 1+ years experience in an agriculture-related role
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of electrical and wireless communication systems
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations and customers
- Certified Crop Advisor certification or equivalent preferred or willing to achieve within 12 months of start date.
- Associates degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, or Agriculture Mechanization or equivalent experience required
- Bachelors Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, or Agriculture Mechanization preferred
- Acceptable MVR/driving record; capable of being insured by Horizon Equipment insurance carrier