Location: Avoca, IA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Parts Manager
Responsible for selling, receiving, and delivery of parts, new and used agricultural and turf equipment, attachments, and accessories. In addition performs in-store customer service, overall organizational promotion, and stocking duties.
- Represents the company for the inside sales of equipment and attachments
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs
- Split time between 70% parts/attachments and 30% whole goods. This may vary based on time of year. Works the parts counter as directed by the Parts Manager
- Manages inventory and ordering of attachments for assigned geographical area.
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment
- Knows and follows a defined sales process
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used products
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars
- Conducts new and used equipment demonstrations
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays; keeps parts department clean and orderly
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper inventory locations
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager.
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years equipment sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operations practices preferred
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills
- Basic parts and machinery knowledge
- Ability to use the John Deere Parts Catalog computer application
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license; accepted on Horizon Equipment insurance
- Fork lift license preferred