Horizon Equipment Photo Contest 2020
Horizon Equipment is asking you to share your favorite photos of John Deere fans & Horizon Equipment customers! Although the category is fairly broad, some examples of photo ideas would be:
- John Deere equipment in action.
- John Deere equipment restored.
- A child or grandchild riding a John Deere pedal tractor.
- A family member operating a piece of John Deere equipment.
- People wearing John Deere merchandise and posing in an agricultural setting.
Twelve winning contestants will have their photos featured in our 2021 Horizon Equipment calendar that will be distributed to customers at our six store locations (Audubon, Adair, Avoca, Manning, Missouri Valley, & Woodbine). Eleven Second-Place winners will receive $20 in Horizon Bucks to be used towards a purchase at one of our stores, and one Grand Prize winner will receive $200 in Horizon Bucks!
- Submissions must be submitted no later than August 31, 2020.
- Participants may submit an unlimited number of photos.
- Images must be submitted in a digital format.
- Contest is open to anyone who has internet access and photo capturing capabilities.
- A Model Release Form must accompany any photo containing recognizable people. Any photo(s) featuring recognizable people submitted without a Model Release Form(s) will not be accepted.
How to Enter
Horizon Equipment | Attention: April
30876 450th St
Avoca, IA 51521
- Please indicate that you will be emailing digital copies of the photos, and from what email address we will be receiving them.
- Photographs should incorporate John Deere and/or Horizon Equipment merchandise, apparel, or equipment.
- Photograph should revolve around a subject who is a Horizon Equipment customer or relation to a Horizon Equipment customer.
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies or photographic prints are acceptable.
- All digital files must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 2,100 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,100 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Image resolution should be a minimum or 4 megapixels or 300 DPI.
- If you are unsure of whether or not your photo meets the size requirements, please submit it and we will contact you if a larger photo is required.
- The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant.
- Entries will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of an image.
- Judging of all photographs submitted will be conducted by a Committee appointed by Horizon Equipment. The Committee shall choose twelve (12) photographs out of all submissions.
- The top twelve (12) photographs chosen will be posted on social media for open voting to the public to determine the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner will be determined by which photograph has the most votes ("likes").
- Please do not contact us about the status of the entries.
By entering a photo in this contest, Entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, license to Horizon Equipment to edit, adapt, and publish such photo. Upon Sponsor’s request, each contestant must provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photo submitted (or their parents or legal guardians if such persons are minors), authorizing use of the photo in Horizon Equipment’s publications, advertising, marketing and promotions in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest unless prohibited by law. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request will result in disqualification of contestant and the related entry. If a potential winner fails to provide such releases, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the procedures described herein.
Entry in the contest constitutes agreement to allow photographs to be published, exhibited and used in all forms and/or media by Horizon Equipment. Entrants retain all other rights to their photographs.