Horizon Equipment Photo Contest 2019
Horizon Equipment is asking you to share your favorite photos of John Deere fans/Horizon Equipment customers. Although the category is fairly broad, some examples of photo ideas would be:
- John Deere equipment in action
- John Deere equipment restored
- A child or grandchild riding a John Deere Pedal Tractor
- A family member operating a piece of John Deere Equipment
- People wearing John Deere merchandise and posing in an agricultural setting
Twelve winning contestants will have their photo placed in our 2020 Horizon Equipment calendar that will be distributed to customers at our six store locations (Audubon, Adair, Avoca, Manning, Missouri Valley & Woodbine). One Grand Prize winner will also receive $200 in Horizon Bucks to be used against a purchase at one of our stores.
- Submissions must be submitted no later than September 30, 2019.
- Participants may submit an unlimited number of photos.
- Images must be submitted in a digital format.
Contest is open to anyone who has internet access and photo capturing capabilities.
How to Enter : Complete the registration form by downloading a copy off of our web site, www.horizonequip.com and send it via email along with the photograph(s) and any necessary Model Release Form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Model Release form must accompany any photo containing recognizable people.
You may submit the entry form and Model Release Form(s) via mail to: Horizon Equipment / Attention: Megan / PO Box 217 / Manning, IA 51455. Please indicate that you will be emailing digital copies of the photos, and from what email address we will be receiving them.
By entering a photo in this contest, Entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, license to Horizon Equipment to edit, adapt and publish such photo. Upon Sponsor’s request, each contestant must provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photo submitted (or their parents or legal guardians if such persons are minors), authorizing use of the photo in Horizon Equipment’s publications, advertising, marketing and promotions in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest unless prohibited by law. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request will result in disqualification of contestant and the related entry. If a potential winner fails to provide such releases, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the procedures described herein.
Entry in the contest constitutes agreement to allow photographs to be published, exhibited and used in all forms and/or media by Horizon Equipment. Entrants retain all other rights to their photographs.
- Photographs should incorporate John Deere and/or Horizon Equipment merchandise, apparel or equipment.
- Photograph should revolve around a subject who is a Horizon Equipment customer or relation to a Horizon Equipment customer.
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies or photographic prints are acceptable.
- All digital files must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 2,100 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,100 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Image resolution should be a minimum or 4 megapixels or 300 dpi
If you are unsure of whether or not your photo meets the size requirements, please submit it and we will contact you if a larger photo is required.
The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant.
Entries will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of an image.
All entries must be submitted by September 30, 2019. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
Judging will be conducted by a Committee appointed by Horizon Equipment. Winning photographs will be posted on www.horizonequip.com and published in our 2018 calendar. Please do not contact us about the status of the entries.